eCureMe logo
  eCureMe home eCureMe log In Sign Up!
eCureMe Life : Your Healthy Living. Click Here!
Welcome, medical contents search April 25, 2013
       eCureMe Life
       Medical Supplies
       Calorie Count
       Physician Search
       Message Board
      E-mail Doctor
      E-mail Veterinarian
      Health-O-Matic Meter
      Calorie Count
      Natural Medicine
      Vitamins & Minerals
      Alternative Living
      My Health Chart
      Diseases & Treatments
      Atlas of Diseases
      Sexually Transmitted
      Drug Information
      Illegal Drugs
      Lab & Diagnostic Tests
      Internal Medicine
      Women’s Health
      Eye Disorders
      Skin Disorders
      Mental Health
      Resource Links
      Physician Directory
      Dentist Directory
      Hospital Directory

Aging Eyes

more about Aging Eye

Presbyopia or old eyes

  • This is a condition that affects most people as they age.  It is due to the loss of the normal elasticity (ability to bounce back to it's normal shape) of the lens of the eye.  Over time, Presbyopia results in the inability to see close objects, as when reading a newspaper.

  • Age -- affects most people over the age 45

  • Headache when reading
  • Eyes get tired when reading
  • Difficulty reading in dim light
  • Letters on a page may appear fuzzy

  • A doctor or an optometrist can diagnose the problem.
  • History of symptoms
  • Exam will include a vision test with an eye chart (visual acuity).
  • Optometrist will have equipment to do other tests, such as a slit lamp exam using a special microscope to look inside the eye, or a refraction test for those with blurred vision.

  • Age -- may start as early as age 30

  • Glasses and contact lenses are the best treatment.
  • Improve lighting when reading
  • Rest the eyes often between readings.
  • Consult with an ophthalmologist (eye doctor) to see if new treatments or surgeries are for you.
  • At the present time, laser surgery is not effective for Presbyopia, but new techniques are being investigated.

  • Contact your optometrist or your doctor.

  • Farsightedness

more about Aging Eye

If you want your friend to read or know about this article, Click here

medical contents search

Home   |   About Us   |   Contact Us   |   Employment Ad   |   Help

Terms and Conditions under which this service is provided to you. Read our Privacy Policy.
Copyright © 2002 - 2003 eCureMe, Inc All right reserved.